Farmers Electric Education Foundation
Scholarship Applications Available Now
Farmers’ Electric Cooperative will be awarding scholarships again this year through the Farmers’ Electric Education Foundation. Scholarship applications may be obtained from area high school guidance counselors or from cooperative office locations in Clovis, Fort Sumner, or Santa Rosa. Scholarship applications can also be requested by calling the Clovis office at 762-4466 or 1-800-445-8541. All cooperative members and their dependants are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Deadline For Applications Is February 1, 2013!
Contact Your Guidance Counselor Or Our Office Today!
This year there are two different scholarship forms. Be sure when requesting a form that you specify either the
Both forms are available from any FEC office or are available to download in PDF format by clicking the forms name above.
The Farmers’ Electric Education Foundation was established by the members of the cooperative in 1986 and is funded through donated and unclaimed patronage capital refunds and donations by private individuals. Only the interest earned on donations is used for scholarships, ensuring that the Education Foundation will continue to support higher education for our members for many years to come. Through 2011, the foundation has awarded 834 scholarships totaling $534,800.00
- Available to active members receiving service from Farmers' Electric Cooperative, Inc. of New Mexico and their immediate families.
- Scholarships to be granted to attend an accredited vocational school, technical school, college or university, hereafter referred to as the "institution".
- Applicant must maintain at least a 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 point scale and be considered by the registrar to be a full-time student in good standing (minimum of 12 credit hours).
- Applicant must be of good character as evidenced by a minimum of two (2) letters of recommendation of which at least one (1) must be from a teacher, principal, counselor, etc., from the institution they are currently attending.
- Applicants must demonstrate a coherent degree plan and willingness to pursue a course of higher learning.
- Economic need of the applicant will be given secondary consideration.
- It is intended that these scholarships not be awarded to students ranked number one in their graduating class who may have full scholarships available.
- Applications must be received not later than February 1st for a fall semester. Awards will be announced within sixty (60) days of this date.
thom at fecnm dot org